Saturday, January 9, 2010

2010 Goal Setting

2010 Goals
If you don't know where you are going, you will probably end up somewhere else. ~Lawrence J. Peter

2010 will bring about a lot of personal changes in my life. The most apparent change (but most exciting) is that I will be getting married in the summer! Therefore, I will be setting new financial goals with my DF as we get a little closer to our wedding date because obviously, our financial situation will change dramatically with the combining of our incomes. The fun and personal goals are important to me and are things I have wanted to do/maintain for quite awhile!

Financial

5,000 in Emergency Savings
**I currently have $2,000.

Wedding Paid for in Cash

**We are close to having enough saved at this point already! We got engaged in August so we were able to save up quite a bit of money fairly quickly. =)

Pay off my car= $13,444

**I am aiming to paying $1,000/month minimum. This coupled with a few extra payments should have the car paid off by the end of the year.

Fun & Personal

Learn to sew
**I have been saying I am going to do this for the past two years! Now is the time to just do it. I really want to be able to hem my pants (I’m Short), mend clothes, and make other fun basic projects like pillow cases, curtains, blankets, etc.

Take another “domestic skill” by taking a fun class at Joanne’s Craft Store
**If you have a Joanne’s store in your area, have you ever looked at their class schedule? They have so many fun classes—cake decorating, jewelry making, etc. I want to take one to learn a new fun skill.

Run/exercise @ least 3x’s/week

**I am already doing this- I just need to keep it up and not feel guilty about going for longer runs. Also, sometimes I don’t feel like running and just enjoying a long walk or a Zumba class, so I figure as long as I’m moving it is good for my heart and body. My job gets very hectic in the spring time and it gets easy to make excuses!

Participate in at least one 10k race and another 5k race
**Ideally, I would like to do more, but my work schedule often interferes with 5K races held on Saturday’s. I participated in one race in December and would like to do another next year. I would also like to improve my distance running and aim for a 10k race.

What are your goals for 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment